Joranalogue Select 2 - Dual Gated Precision Control Voltage Processor
A 'Swiss Army Knife' for your modular system, Select 2 provides two highly accurate gate-controlled voltage processors in 6hp. These allow you to create, switch, mute, hold, invert, attenuate, offset, add / mix and subtract voltages, from slow control voltages(CV) up to audio frequencies.
Each processor features two signal inputs, with the left input used by default. A gate on the 'select' input switches to the right signal input instead. The signal inputs are normalised to the precision +5V reference (let) and 0V (right).
Following the input section is a hold circuit. A rising edge on the 'hold' input freezes the input voltage at that moment, until the gate input goes low again. While most sample / track-and-hold modules only manage a few seconds, Select 2s 'low droop' design enables it to state a held voltage accurately for several minutes.
The end of the signal path consists of a gated polariser / attenuverter. Using the knob, the voltage at the output can be attenuated and / or inverted: the gain is -1 (inverted) at the minimum setting, 0 at the centre and +1 (unity gain) at the maximum. The polariser can be disabled using the 'unity' gain input. This unique ability enables a variety of interesting gate-controlled signal modulations. Dual-colour LEDs show the output voltage of each processor.
Finally, if the A output socket i left unused, the signal is mixed together with the B output. This enables signal offsetting, CV mixing, pitch transposing etc.
• Two precision analogue CV processors with input selection, vltage hold and gated polariser functionalities
• Left signal inputs are normalised to the precision +5V reference, right inputs to the 0V. Switched using 'select' gate input
• High-performance 'low droop' hold circuitry: stays pitch-accurate for several minutes
• Unique gated polarisers, which can be switched off (unity gain) via gate inputs
• Normalised mixing: leave the A output unused to mix it with the B output signal
• Dual-colour red / blue LEDs for output voltage indication
• Precision-milled 2mm anodised aluminium front panel with high-resolution, non-erasable graphics
• Bullet-proof design: polarised power header and MOSFET protection circuit
• Includes 16-to-10-pin Eurorack power ribbon cable
• Premium mounting hardware: black screws, black nylon washers and matching hex key
• High-quality components and assembly; designed and made in Belgium