Joranalogue Receive 2 - Dual Balanced Line Inputs
While modular synthesizers are most often used as stand-alone instruments, they also present exciting opportunities for processing external signals. Anything from an electronic guitar to an effects send on a studio mixing desk can benefit from the unique sonic capabilities of even a modest Eurorack system.
However, patching in an external source usually requires an adaptor cable and plenty of clean gain to bring the signal to Eurorack level. If the signal source is balanced, a balanced input is required as well to provide the best possible interference rejection.
Receive 2 (or RX2 for short) provides a convenient all-in-one solution. It offers two universal external inputs, which accept both balanced or single ended signals via XLR or 6.35mm jack connectors.
The circuit incorporates low-impedance design practices, ratio-frequency (RF) filtering and premium balanced receivers to provide transformer-like interconnect performance in a compact and affordable module. And thanks to the electrostatic discharge (ESD) protection, it's rugged enough to survive the rigours of performing on the road.
The very clean integrated pre-amps feature variable gain, ranging from unity to +40dB on each channel. As a result, Receive 2 can handle just about any signal source you may encounter, including electronic instruments, piezoelectric pickups and many dynamic microphones.
Adjusting the gains is a breeze thanks to the dual peak-responding LED meters. A mix output is included as well, so external signals can be easily mixed directly in the module.
• Compact dual mono or stereo XLR / 6.35mm jack input module
• Studio-grade balanced receivers also accept single-ended signal sources
• Separate input gain controls, ranging from unity to +40dB
• Dedicated mixed output, allowing for in-module mixing
• Dual dB-scale 5-LED VU meter, calibrated to 10Vpp nominal level
• Integrated RF filtering + ESD protection
• Split chassis and signal ground planes for optimum ground loop rejection
• Precision-milled 2mm anodised aluminium front panel with high-resolution, non-erasable graphics
• Bullet-proof design: polarised power header and MOSFET protection circuit
• Includes 16-to-10-pin Eurorack power ribbon cable
• Premium mounting heardware: black screws, black nylon washers and matching hex key
• High-quality components and assembly; designed and made in Belguim