Enhance 2 (Pre-order)
batch and the availability shows how many of the batch are left for pre order ********
Joranalogue Enhance 2 - Stereophonic Enhancer
Moving from mono to stereo sound: a logical progression for any synthesist looking to expand their sonic palette. Making use of two audio channels, rather than just one, quite literally adds another dimension to the capabilities of a synthesizer.
Unfortunately, controlling stereo signals can be a challenge within a modular system. This realisation led to the development of Enhance 2: a convenient yet high-fidelity tool for stereo enhancement. It can be used to adjust balance, width and spectral content, while also opening up a world of mid / side processing; all under voltage control and in just 8hp.
The primary stereo parameters are balance (moving the sound left or right) and width (making it narrower or wider). The balance circuit uses a true constant-power gain law, while the width stage allows for seamless transitions from pure mono to extra-wide stereo.
In addition, tone control is provided by a pair of unique, wide-ranging mid / side voltage controlled tilt filters with selectable corner frequency. These make 'cleaning up' a muddy-sounding mix straightforward, but also provide unique binaural effects when modulated.
Mid / side processing encodes the stereo signals into one containing only the mono material (mid), and another containing the differences between both channels (side). Apart from the internal tilt filters, mid / side outputs also enable external signal processing such as compression or reverberation. An integrated mid / side decoder returns the results back to standard stereo. And at all times, a LED bar phase meter ensures that phase correlation can be easily maintained.
Stereo Field modulation, mid / side equalisation and beyond; Enhance 2 brings true analogue stereo control to the Eurorack world.
• Analogue stereophonic signal enhancer / processor
• True constant-power voltage controlled stereo balance
• Voltage controlled stereo width, from mono to ultra-wide
• Unique, wide-ranging voltage controlled mid / side tilt filters with selectable corner frequency
• Stereo to mid / side and mid / side to stereo conversion
• Impedance-compensated outputs
• 7-LED phase correlation meter
• Bullet-proof design: polarised power header and MOSFET protection circuit
• Includes 16 to 10 pin Eurorack power ribbon cable
• Premium mounting hardware: black screws, black nylon washers and matching hex key
• High-quality components and assembly; designed and made in Belgium