Bastl Instruments Kompas - Probability Trigger Generator
Kompas is a three-coordinate probabilistic pattern navigator. Each coordinate has a unique travelling pace and a dedicated trigger output. The amount of probability can be adjusted manually or by external voltages. Once a coordinate has been adjusted, a new pattern is generated and looped until the next change of direction.
This tool is the outcome of the environment we are in
And is inspired by a non-linear approach to music and life - don't build any expectations, choose your direction and discover new paths.
Unlike common probability operation, instead of filtering a pre-determined sequence, Kompas uses probability to generate new looping patterns based on the direction you choose.
• Global clock and reset inputs
• 3x 32 step pattern generators with travelling algorithms
• 3 CV inputs for coordinate modulation
• 3 trigger outputs
• 2/5/10ms selectable trigger length (via boot settings)
• DIY and hacker friendly Arduino programmable hardware
• Open source schematics and code
• includes a printed fanzine with navigation topics
• 5ms default trigger length
• 5V trigger outputs
• 0-5V protected CV inputs
• PTC fuse and diode protected 10-pin power connector
• 60Hz maximum clock rate (3600 BPM)
• 6-pin FTDi connector